Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel and centre console illumination not working

Justin1555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS-V Ute
Hi guys... I've a 2008 Ve SS-V Ute, New member here hoping for some help. After poking around behind the head unit (stereo) on drivers side looking for possible blown fuse as my reverse camera and GPS weren't working, I in the end went over my cabin fuse box (should've done this first) and came across blown fuse on the cigarette lighter, changed fuse and reverse camera works and GPS... Problem is now that in probing around in all the wires I've upset something and now the illumination lights on centre console and steering wheel don't work... All the functions work just don't light up now... Hoping someone can point me in the right direction . Oh and in the cabin fuse box the steering wheel illumination fuse has no power to it... Fuse is fine just isn't receiving any voltage. Any clues on where the problem could be

Last edited:

Justin1555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS-V Ute
Steering wheel illumination fuse has no power to it... Thinking I may have to Work back from there to find the issue. Unless someone has any ideas for the problem