Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel control issue

mm8822aa

Reaction score
Hey all, I purchased my VY SS series 2 a few months back and ive found it to have a strange problem whith the steering wheel controls. Intermittently the buttons seem to get mixed up. Eg vol up is now mute and volume down becomes vol up. Some days its fine and others not so much.

Has anyone got any suggestions how to fix it? Ive searched and been anable to get any answers so far.

Ps HU etc is all standard.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Happy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Executive S2 3.8 Ecotec
Matt,
I have this exact problem on my recently purchased VY11.
I gather by the lack of response to your question that there is a thread somewhere else which answers this.
My audio tech thought it was due to dirty button contacts sending incorrect voltages to the radio.
Possibly due to the dealer spraying too much Armorall around the wheel buttons.
If, like me, you intend cleaning those contacts then you may find this page useful.

"Guide to removing vy/vz steering wheel"
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/guide-removing-vy-vz-steering-wheel.79695

Good luck.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Sorry, must've missed this thread.
@Happy, your audio tech"?" is probably right. Dealerships get really happy with the armorall clone that they use.

Pull the switches apart and use some isopropyl alcohol to give them a clean and soak.

mm8822aa

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. Ill give it a shot when I get some time. Ill let you know jow I go.