Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Control Stopped Working

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7
Hi all,
I bought a new headunit to go in my VY and i decided to get all the plug and play packs so i dont run into any issues...but
Upon connecting everything together my steering wheel controls are no longer working so can someone point me in the right direction on what to troubleshoot? All i can see everywhere is the clock spring however my steering controls were working prior to me installing the headunit so it leads me to think it is not that
I reverted to the old headunit and the controls still do NOT work
I checked the fuses under the steering column and they seem to be fine? (any specific ones apart from radio)
The horn still works and the SRS Light does NOT stay on.
I have purchased the AERPRO CHVYVZC steering control unit if it makes a difference.
Thanks

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7
All resolved, for anyone looking for the fix it was that the pioneer headunits arent really plug and play you have to go to settings and a menu called "s remote" which i though was for the wireless remote then from there you select your car/pioneer and it prompts you to press the volume up/down button and it works from there

eliseviv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive V6, VY Monaro CV8R
Thanks I am putting one in my VZ this weekend so was surfing about for potential problems :)