Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering wheel controls-for vx comm????

JT2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2
Now i'm not sure if this questions as been raised or not, but i do recall reading something about this but can't find whree abouts, so I thought i would ask the question..

When changing the stock headunit to an aftermarket unit, what cords or adaptors do I need for the steering wheel controls to work, and whats the going price for it, and were would i get one from...?

J

jaygreenberg

Hey,

When I replaced the head unit in my VX, I wanted to retain the use of the steering wheel controls. I was told by the guy from jbhifi that the unit costs 400 dollars, but there's apparently a new one coming out soon for 150.

anyway, it can be done, but apparently, not with all new head units. mine is a pioneer, it will work with that.

Jay

so call the jbhifi people, and they know the part

JT2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2
WHAT...$400 bucks....Damn thats abit of money just for some controls...

well I hope there is a new one coming out for $150, even that seems abit much...dunno i might just be a cheapo, I would rather put that money into something else for the car

Thanks for the reply Jay.

Question:
Just wondering Jay did you pay the $400, and how long ago..?

trigge

Go see a man about a dog.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 'S'
All,

Just finished puttiing a Pioneer stereo into my VX and an adaptor to keep the factory controls. It dosent keep all of the functionally of the factory controls but it keeps the main ones, Vol up and down, Mute, Source select and disc track up and down. One thing I found was the radio station up and down is programmed for programming of the channels, not going through the pre selected channels that are programmed. The interface will only work if you have a Pioneer HU that is capable of IR control. The adaptor for the controls was $140 from Autobarn and took about 30mins to install. Wiring diagram that came with the adaptor was a little off for my stock radio but not difficult to find the correct wires on the factory plug.

Regards,

Scott