Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

patto848

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Hey guys and girls, i have a VZ SV6 commodore and i changed my head unit in april to a JVC KW-R500 and i used an aeropro control harness to allow my steering wheel controls to work and it did, but after a couple of months i installed my sub and amp since then my steering wheel controls haven't worked... i installed the sub and amp correctly and didn't kink or fray any wires on the harness and have checked them thoroughly for any issues in the wiring harness and can't seem to see any issues... does anyone have any ideas on where the fault could be? would it be a fuse of some sort or the wiring behind my steering wheel is shot?
any advice is very much appreciated!
cheers!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
did you originally have to set anything on the jvc unit to make the wheel controls work? (i dont recall jvc needing to)

if not, its something in the wiring behind the headunit. is the aerpro black box plugged in both sides, is the plug from the box plugged into the headunit correctly? is it in the correct hole?

process of elimination.

patto848

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Nah didn't need to set up was just plug and play, all of the above is plugged in correctly the same as it came out of the box when i first put it in(which it worked then) and never tampered with any of the wiring just looked over it all...