Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Controls

Stoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Hi, I have a VX II 2002, It doesn't have the steering wheel controls on it for the stereo (Standard double Din Eurovox CD player), I was just wondering if I buy the steering wheel controls, is all the wiring already there from the stereo to steering wheel column and is just a matter of plugging the controls in and away we go, or will I need to do all the wiring as well and is it hard to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Surely someone knows the answer

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
All VX Series models are fitted with steering wheel mounted remote audio controls. Although this feature is the same as the remote audio controls used on VT Series Calais models, the Executive, Acclaim, Berlina, S and SS models have a minor difference to the wiring at the back of the audio unit. For additional information regarding the wiring of audio systems, refer to Section 12P WIRING DIAGRAMS in the VX Series Service Information.

Thats what holden says, in which case it sounds like someone has removed them. So by that theory the connector should be there, unless whoever removed it did a REALLY good job of removing it and totally got rid of it.

Stoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Thanks for that Mate, well hopefully they have left it all there, just need to buy some controls now