Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel converters, looking for beta testers.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I have finished the IR design so I no longer need beta testers for that.

I now am looking for someone(s) to test my steering wheel to PC interface

Hi all,

I have finished my circuit for my steering wheel to IR converter. I would like to know if anyone is keen to test it out for me. Currently is for JVC (remote control RM-RK50) and for VT/VX or VY/VZ.

I have tested it on my car (VX with a JVC head unit).

The instructions are pretty basic so I would suggest that you have a good idea of installing stereo's before you begin and bear in mind that this is a beta only. However it will only cost $35 which covers the parts and postage.

If you have a different (IR remote controlled headunit) and are interested drop me a line and we might be able to work something out.

When it is up and running I'll offer it here for about $75 which, like the aldl cables be cheaper than what I'll sell it for on ebay. I am not interested in making this open source because all that will happen is that someone else will copy the circuit and sell it for more in a pretty package.

This being a beta unit I can't offer much by way of a guarantee, for all I know it might explode and take out half your suburb, but they will be tested on my workbench before hand.

Mike

Last edited:

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I'll have a look man, have an eclipse unit in my vz but ill be able to modify the circuit no problems. Send over the schematic and I'll build it when i can.
Cheers.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
If you could make one for a pioneer head unit i'd be definitely willing to test it for you.

kjparker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 Acclaim
Hey,

I will be getting a JVC headunit from a mate shortly.

I would be very interested in one of your interfaces!

Are you still looking for testers?

Let me know if you are!

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
ive got a pioneer dvd unit i can beta test for it if you ever make one

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
I'll be happy to test one if you ever make one for a Kenwood head unit....

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I have the pioneer code almost done and kenwood should not pose any problems. I am off to the mines for the next two weeks so I won't be able to do much. When I get back I'll have the Pioneer and Kenwood ones sorted.

Statey but if you are after one for a VR like your profile I am afraid I can't help yet. The VR/VS controls are different to the VT->VZ units and need a different design.

Mike