Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Issue

miss-vx-purrrfect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina S2
I have a 2001 VX Lumina S2 and have just noticed there is a clicking noise coming from the steering wheel area when the indicator is on and you are turning - there is no clicking noise if the indictor isnt on. (it isnt the clicking of the indicator either hahaha). has anyone else had this problem or have any idea what it could be?

cheers..
:D

goofball_9996

aint got **** to do
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
i think it a steering wheel off job. it mite be part of the indicator stock broken

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
I have a 2001 VX Lumina S2 and have just noticed there is a clicking noise coming from the steering wheel area when the indicator is on and you are turning - there is no clicking noise if the indictor isnt on. (it isnt the clicking of the indicator either hahaha). has anyone else had this problem or have any idea what it could be?

cheers..

Could be as simple as just a problem with the indicator return mechanism, Im guessing its much the same as earlier holdens, cam on the shaft that hits against a left and right spring?
simple problem, getting the steering wheel off, with airbag etc, thats the hard bit.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01

cheers..

isnt this just part of the steering wheel so when you turn the wheel back to that point the indicator turns off.
For example if i indicate left and turn the steering wheel left, i will hear clicking noises at certain spots of the wheel turn, if i turn the wheel right and it passes the spot that it made that clicking sound, the indicator turns off.

or are you talking about another clicking noise?

miss-vx-purrrfect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina S2
isnt this just part of the steering wheel so when you turn the wheel back to that point the indicator turns off.
For example if i indicate left and turn the steering wheel left, i will hear clicking noises at certain spots of the wheel turn, if i turn the wheel right and it passes the spot that it made that clicking sound, the indicator turns off.

or are you talking about another clicking noise?

nah its not that clicking noise.. its seems to only be doing it when you turn left at the moment and it clicks the whole time ur turning the steering wheel..

ill have to get the steering wheel off and have a looksie - been told be a couple of ppl it could be to do with the indicator stork - a common probably with VT-VX cars..

thanks all for ur help..