Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Mounted Controls

sammyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I recently bought a VY acclaim and have found that the steering wheel mounted audio controls are not working. Is there likely to be a simple solution for this such as a fuse being blown or is it likely to be more serious.

Sammy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
does the car still have the original genuine cd player?????
If an aftermarket player has been put it the controls won't work,
unless you purchase a special box that converts the signal from the
steering wheel controls into an infrared signal that goes back to the cd player.

If it is the genuine player I can't really suggest anything other than checking the wiring at the back of your cd player.

sammyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
It is the original CD player so probably something in the wiring. My next question then is how do you get to the back of the stereo?

Thanks,

Sammy

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
This is a common problem with VY's. Check the "Issues with VY's" thread.

Holden were replacing the buttons under warranty with no issues, bit I'd say yours is now out of warranty. I'd just take it to Holden, it's a simple fix so they shouldn't charge much...

sammyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Any idea how much not much would be?
The car is under statutory warranty but the steering wheel controls might be classed as part of the radio and thus may not be covered. I will have to see.

Puggle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Man Sedan Cosmo
Holden dealer in Sydney wanted over $150 to fix my controls (VYII SS) and they aren't even completely broken, just lose the 'down volume' button sometimes. Yeah I'll keep the money thanks.

Good news is that yours sounds like a simple fix (wire loose or fuse etc) Just get holden to look at it during next service. I find if you are already paying out for other repairs they often throw in small jobs like these.

Good luck bro, really.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
...Just get holden to look at it during next service. I find if you are already paying out for other repairs they often throw in small jobs like these...

My thoughts exactly...