Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering wheel problems

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
hey all i've got a VN SS with the standard truck steering wheel so today i tried to remove it with a puller, which bent the puller and stripped the thread off the bolts.. so i cut the stripped thread off and tried again so now the main bolt in the centre of the puller is now stuck in there and will not turn... any idea's?? i've tried giving the puller a "tap" with a hammer while it was tight on the colum.. never had this problem.

thanks for any help

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
undo the bolts on the outside of the puller to relive the tension then hit the bold side to side it will come lose

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
tried that.. it's on so bloddy tight is unreal

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
well ya can always buy a puller for ya puller lol sorry i cant help more its sorta one of those things ya need to see to work out

IhateRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS Atlas Grey
well i drilled 2 new holes and tapped them with a 3/8" tap and used high tensile bolts.. used 2 steerign wheel puller's back to back and grinded off some so that the bolts would sit flat.. started tighting the centre bolt and all it did was strip the thread out of it. so the only was i'll be able to put a sports steering wheel on is changing the steering coloum.. not happy lol seized on that good someone may have used lock tight i odn't but it's bloody tight.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Loctite is your friend, I use it on my steering wheel every time :)

I find that tugging the wheel side to side works far better than any wheel puller :p