Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering wheel radio control repairs??? anyone have a hack

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I reckon they'd make adhesives to stick plane wings back on these days... but has anyone found a product or method of repairing broken steering wheel radio buttons? ill be stuffed if I'm spending $200 for one busted button. thanks guys

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I did a thread a while back where I used superglue and hot glue. This has worked flawlessly for quite a while. In fact the fix has lasted longer than the second set of buttons lasted after I had to replace the previous ones.

I posted photos etc.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I did a thread a while back where I used superglue and hot glue. This has worked flawlessly for quite a while. In fact the fix has lasted longer than the second set of buttons lasted after I had to replace the previous ones.

I posted photos etc.

ok thats mate. Ill have a look but didn't find anything prior to posting. cheers

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I just super glued it back and then pushed some black sika into the gaps and a good smear around the place. the file is too large but it seems to have worked perfectly... fingers crossed. thanks for the tips !

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you can crop the image down in size, or crop off any bright or white background, that sometimes works so it can be posted.

handle it stanly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
Hi mate, I used building window tape the tar backed silver tape used to water prof house windows when building. It seems to be working good as it acts as a hinge + doesn't stretch