Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheel Removal

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
hey all,

i want to recenter my steering wheel, when the wheels are straight, the steering wheel is sitting at about 11 o'clock, i've had wheel alignment so all is good on that side..

how does the cover come off? does it just clip off from the bottom up? i just didnt want to start prying coz of the airbag.. should just be a nut to remove and resetting the wheel on the spine..

thanks in advance :D

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You really need to look at a manual as there is almost a full page of instructions and warnings on removing the steering wheel - your library should have a copy for you to photocopy. You don't need a science degree but you need to be aware of the correct procedure. Part of a wheel alignment is centreing the steering wheel which apparently didn't happen in your case. Can you take it back to whoever did the alignment and explain your problem?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
The people that did the wheel alignment should have straightened it up, as thats part of it. They adjust the rack ends until the wheel is straight