Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel scroller not working properly

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
I have driven a number of commodores over the past 10 years and commonly I find the left scroll wheel not to work properly (change radio station, and ff rr songs on CD)

My 07 Calais also has this issue. I assume it's got something to do with the CAN bus.

Is this as common as I think ? Is there any way to solve this issue ?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
More likely a switch issue. Not very common or nobody complains about it because Im yet to change one.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
Same car with similar issue with the left scroll and button assembly. Freezes some times and becomes unresponsives. Definitely a switch/assy issue. While it was under warranty had is checked but always got the "no fault - could not replicate issue" from the serice department.

Only happens occassionally so no real big problem but does iritate me when it happens just as the same as my dash and stereo lights not automatically returning to full brightness the next morning after been driven the night before with the lights on auto and the auto dimming taking effect. I have to flick the light switch off and on to reset it so I can read the stereo most mornings. Once again it was a "no fault - could not replicate issue" response from the local dealer.