Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel slightly off centre

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportswagon
Hi Guys,

Just recently had to replace a couple of control arm bushes and the top bearing on my front drivers side.

Wheel was off centre after that and I just had a wheel alignment and the steering wheel itself is still off centre when the when are pointing straight... anything I can do to rectify this as it’s annoying as all ****.

Cheers

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yes. Take it back to them, show where the wheel position is, and ask/tell them to fix it.
Should take all of 5 minutes after they set it up.

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay so this is something the wheel alignment should fix? Because it was fine before we changed the bushes and the top strut bearing

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Yes, the alignment has not been done properly after the other work.
After an alignment, I always take a drive on a level, straight road to check for steering wheel position, pulling or wandering. If I am not happy, it is straight back to the workshop within 30 minutes with a full explanation as to why. That should result in them putting it up on the hoist, and redoing it, at no cost to you. Don't let them tell you that the steering wheel has to come off and be repositioned.
But, if you have left it for a few day before fronting them, they could say you have done something bad in the intervening time.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
wheel alignment should it. It amazes me how shops can perform a wheel alignment and not get somethign as basic as this right.

Mines been back twice to fix a similar issue

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi Guys,

Just recently had to replace a couple of control arm bushes and the top bearing on my front drivers side.

Wheel was off centre after that and I just had a wheel alignment and the steering wheel itself is still off centre when the when are pointing straight... anything I can do to rectify this as it’s annoying as all ****.

Cheers

Find a better wheel alignment shop, this crap shouldn't happen...

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys. I’m back at the tyre shop getting it sorted. Hopefully they get it right this time ‍♂️