Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel stereo controls

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon, VEV6 6sp ute
Well VZ's have been around 15 years plus now so a lot of you have had problems with SWC I have changed the buttons I have checked the stereo so where else could there be a problem?
its a VZ V6 manual ute with a Clarion stereo and the right connections on the back, any help would be good guys
smut

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If it use to work I be leaning towards the clock spring, Maybe the head unit needs resetting.
First thing I be doing is check the settings in the unit, check the wiring joins and any fuse connected to the steering wheel control box.
If you have a multimeter with the continuity setting that beeps u can test to see if the signal going past the clock spring.
Maybe the module is farked.

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
well went and put in a new clockspring made no difference so any other clues anyone?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I said test it first for continuity, More info is needed, did it work before? If so what did you do before it stopped working? What model head unit? does it support steering wheel controls? If so has the module being installed to work the steering wheel buttons?

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
got the car with no stereo but I do know the clarion works it has the right connections and all is wired right I feel may be a problem between clockspring wires to stereo harness

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Normally there is some sort of programming involved as different cars have different resistances for each steering wheel buttons.

Usually involves going into settings and assigning each button a control function.

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
When I got the aerpro harness I got the 2 one from the unit and the one for factory for the 2 to connect

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
When I got the aerpro harness I got the 2 one from the unit and the one for factory for the 2 to connect
Well that's your problem, that is only the patch lead not the module for the steering wheel remote, I asked what model your unit was to see if its compatible.