Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel vibration

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Hey all, Ive got a vibration in the steering wheel at 85km/h or faster. Apart from this I feel no other vibrations and braking causes no vibrations either. Does it sound like it needs a wheel alignment?

Cheers

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I used to get vibration under heavy braking, turns out my brake rotors had warped. I don't generally ride the brakes either. When I got them replaced I was told it was a known issue with the stock rotors, poor quality materials and whatnot. Might be worth investigating?

edit: lol i should probably read the whole opening post before replying hey :bang: disregard

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I used to get vibration under heavy braking, turns out my brake rotors had warped. I don't generally ride the brakes either. When I got them replaced I was told it was a known issue with the stock rotors, poor quality materials and whatnot. Might be worth investigating?

edit: lol i should probably read the whole opening post before replying hey :bang: disregard

this could be of some use to me however :thumbsup:

Ive recently noticed this in my own car. When you had it, did you ever get that dreaded brake sequel? As i get that, and was told it could be the rotors, although they werent 100% sure. Could be the same thing causing both my problems.

Mechanic said my rotors had some minor hot spots or something? does this mean they could be warped?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
this could be of some use to me however :thumbsup:

Ive recently noticed this in my own car. When you had it, did you ever get that dreaded brake sequel? As i get that, and was told it could be the rotors, although they werent 100% sure. Could be the same thing causing both my problems.

Mechanic said my rotors had some minor hot spots or something? does this mean they could be warped?

No brake squeal at all! I just noticed it when braking heavily at higher speeds. I reckon you might be having the same problem. They said they see it happen a fair bit - the rotors heat up under heavy braking, then cool unevenly when stopping and starting at traffic lights etc causing them to warp.

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
I got really sick of machining my stock rotors.
Replaced them with DBA 4000 series
rotors and Bendix Ultimate pads.
Heaps better now. Also replaced radius rod bushes
with polyurethane. This gave the brake pedal
much better feel.