Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering wheels??

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
are the after market wheels legal or not?? and whats the deal with leting insurance companys know? any help would b much apreciated.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
bump.........

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
It depends on the Wheel...Small ones are illegal not sure of the size and sum full steel onse are illegal too as they dont bend or brake during a crash...if ur gettin one from Eg Autobarn, Super cheap they will be able to tell you if it is or isnt..for the insurance if it illegal ur insurance is voided if they find it....

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
if your car has an airbag [ being acclaim i'll put that down as yes ] then no you cant have an after market one, as for insurance, as always its just a case of letting them know and maybe throwing xamount more on your premium so its covered.

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
i think the limiting diametre is about 30cm, And it needs to be ADR approved, If it had a airbag fitted it must still have one. I told b\my insurance company and they didnt seam to care.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
realy so if ya have an airbag your not allowed an aftermarket wheel?? THATS FUKIN GAY. i realy want one. any way round the legislation??

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
THere are aftermarket wheels around that are designed for VS with airbag - leather, colour coded options available. momo iirc. About $350+. You could get your existing wheel upholstered in leather - your choice of colour, for about $240. If fitted - the airbag MUST stay. No legal way around that.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
so whats the deal if you choose 2 remove it?? do you get a fine or a yellow sticka or what?? insurance invalid??. any one know?? anyone got a vs without a airbag wheel??

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
any one fited a vy-vz wheel to there vs?? is it possible? coause they look ok/

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
heh i wouldnt mind putting a vz wheel on my mon airbag vs but apparently you cant put a bag wheel on a car not so equiped, even gay'er.

oh and my vs doesnt have airbags, kiss my neck goodbye in an accident