Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheels

Which steering wheel

• Sports steering wheel (leather)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Woodgrain steering wheel

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Original steering wheel

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
B

big_c_43

I have found that with my stock steering wheel is very stiff turning, will this be the same when i change the steering wheel.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Yes, yes it will.. a steering wheel doesnt control how hard it is.. hows ya P/S rack? Has ya P/S pump got fluid?

B

big_c_43

so other than how it looks the steering will not be affected at all when changing the steering wheel

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Well on our old VB (no PS) I found a big difference after fitting sports wheel actually, Because of the smaller diameter, I found it mush easier to drive & was mush better on my arms/elbows, I found I couldnt drive it long distances with stock wheel as I would get pain in my elbows, RSI style.... but after sports wheel was on, that was pretty much unheard of.

D.

B

big_c_43

I am thinking that i will get a woodgrain steering wheel maybe. I will post a pic of my interior when i get it back from the mechanics. And then tell me what u think, thanks

B

big_c_43

Here is a picture of my interior, so i would appreciate everyones opinions on what type of steering wheel would suit it best.

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 212

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I think a black wheel would look best or maybe something with a bit of silver. A woodgrain might look ok but if your hands sweat they get slippery personally i don't like them but it's your choice.

B

big_c_43

Hey i have been thinking about still going original but getting a momo HDT wheel i have been looking on ebay and there arent to many and the ones on ebay dont look like they are in such good condition. Do u guys reckon i could get one from a reckers otherwise where else could i look for one?

Thanx