Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering Wheels

Which steering wheel

• Sports steering wheel (leather)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Woodgrain steering wheel

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Original steering wheel

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
B

big_c_43

Hi everyone just wanting to know which type of steering wheels i should get for my 1985 VK Berlina sports steering, wood grain steering or just keep the original i am only considering keep the original because it is in good condition and i don't mind the orignal/nostalgia look when everything is in perfect condition.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Wood grain. :) Only if the Boss kit is painted to the same colour as the rest of the dash etc...
Black Boss kits don't do it. Well this is what I will probably be doing anyway unless I think of another thing.

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Slim said:
Wood grain. :) Only if the Boss kit is painted to the same colour as the rest of the dash etc...
Black Boss kits don't do it. Well this is what I will probably be doing anyway unless I think of another thing.

I know what you mean. You have to match you wheel to the interior. Thats the only reason I went for a leather one in mine.
Kain

Attachments

• 008Interior.JPG
    008Interior.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 485
B

big_c_43

Hey that looks sweet mate it perectly matches the interior of your car i think i will have a fare bit of trouble to find a steering wheel that matches the interior of my car because it is that blue/green colour and that is why i have started this thread just to get everyones opinions about it.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
darkmoon said:
I know what you mean. You have to match you wheel to the interior. Thats the only reason I went for a leather one in mine.
Kain

Yours looks very good. :thumbsup:

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
darkmoon said:
Kain

nice match.. and very nice interior :) :thumbsup:

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i did have a woodgran one in my vh but i thought that it was time to change it looked good but nothing else in the car was brown or wood. so i got the silver and leather sports one, i wanted sumfin diff and i think the colours match well green black and silver interior. btw sorry bout the mess hte car is off the road atm so no point cleaning it really.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
sportsy.jpg

My sportsy. I was going to replace this wheel with a holden factory sports, same as whats in the GTS Monaros, A9X torrys.
But been thinking of a Momo Fighter or Momo Race wheel.

B

big_c_43

Thanx for ur opinions guys, where do u think would be the best place for me to get any aftermarket steering wheels besides ebay (because i dont really like buying from ebay, i do doit though but preferr not too)

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i bought mine from ebay $121 all up. but autobarn or motoqupe are your best bets