Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wobble/positive camber/tire wear.... NOT ALIGGNMENT

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Please someone help me before i roll my car off a cliff... Without going into detail, its not the brakes or alignment or **** tyres. I have had all combinations of these and nothing makes a difference.

Using a builders level its clear the tyre is positively cambered ands it causing wear on the outside of the passenger front tire. it handles funny at high speeds (pulls shakes and braking makes it worse the harder you push the brake pedal).

Ive checked under the car to see the condition of the bushings, they seem fine and in tact. No wobbles when i grab control arms etc. Ive grabbed and pushed and pulled at my rims to check the bearings, they are not the issue. alignment place said the car was in spec multiple times at multiple places over the years..

so sick of this ****. i love my car buut im so close to selling it and buying a ford hahaha

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I'd get somebody qualified to look at the car. Probably had a meeting with a gutter at some stage.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you got the printouts from the alignment you had done?

It cant be "in spec" if you're eyeballing a positive camber reading that im assuming is different to the RHF tyre.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
My money is on worn suspension components.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Data says it all really. Shows you've got positive camber on the LHF while there's negative on the LHF and they never tried to fix it. They've made it worse and put it further out of spec.

I'd either be going back there, and asking them WHY they didnt rectify it. Or, go somewhere else. Cant really recommend anywhere your side of town. But make sure they've got a proper machine.

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
the positive camber at +0.23 on the lhf plus the toe in will always cause the outside edge to scrub out

. its an easy enough fix for any alignment shop who isn't to lazy to do his job correctly. make jax set it correctly or take it to some one who cares about the quality of there work and let them fix it.

all they done was a quick toe and go set. NO camber/caster adjustments.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
This place will get it right..... Centreline Suspension

the owner Chris is a no bullshit type of guy and stands by his work.

Soon after posting this question i found centreline and yes your right, Chris does not bullshit and knows his stuff really well! he fixed the issue too, it was worn caster radius bushings. the car feels like new! and the handling is a lot better now with the poly bushings.