Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering woes

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
So was driving along yesterday and got run off the road. The left side of the car went up a gutter and smashed my rims and now the steering wheel is about a quarter of a turn to the right to drive straight

does anyone have any ideas of what could have been damaged or has been bent? I was only going about 40kmh or so

I've got all the other cars details and insurance info so thats no worries just want to see what damage has been done

Cheers

lightning94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive wagon
if the car still runs straight ahead with the steering wheel a quarter of a turn out it could have just stressed the power steering rack off centre is hard to do but has and can happen... or you have stripped the splines out at the lower end of the steering column.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Ohk thanks for that mate. Yea it still drives straight. How can I tell which one it is?

Cheers

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
If you've got all the insurance info on the other car, just take it to a decent mechanic and get them to have a looksy (provided the insurance company approve of the mechanic)