Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stereo adaptors/ISO plugs

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
what is it with these plugs, it seems you have to change the red and yellow around on a lot of these (especially commodores) supposed to be plug and play if you go stereo (brand) to ISO to car (brand) have had to do it on VS, VZ not so plug and play especially if you are not great with doing this sort of thing (changing head units isn't hard and these are supposed to make it easy

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
ISO 10487 is what is in the car and all European vehicles with extractable radios. Its a really good question as to why there is a variation between the car and the aftermarket accessories. The true configuration will have the switched (red) below/above the earth (black) and the constant (yellow) on the same row as the earth but seperated by the illumination.

I can't remember how it actually is in the VY-VZ. With the VE we saw the introduction of the Quadlock plug which is very siliar to the same ISO regulation.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
with the VZ i think it is the same cant remember exactly, i think as you have said tasmaniak, it's just a pain in the arse to do, (small screwdrivers to untag pin etc) not everyone will be aware of this so thought I'd bring it up, (have seen a few questions about constant power and main power