Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stereo causing problems i think

R

russ

:hit: does anyone know why vs v8 man. has developed a splutter or a bit of a mis when u cruz at constant acceleration. i think it gets worse when the stereo is kranked up, it almost does like small bunny hops, to me it seems that when stereo is up it takes all the power away from the electronic ignition module which then feeds the spark and therefore does not have enough current for the spark plugs. its a ute and has 10"sub 2xamps and splits from eclipse any ideas would be of great help. cheers

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I recently had a power problem (my alternator died) and you'll know if your low on power as, depending on what model, you'll get a warning light comeon saying theres low power in the battery or you'll start to feel that you're on "borrowed time" as your stereo will cut off, your car won't be able to change gears (auto), it won't go any faster then about 20 km/h and finally, once the fuel pump shuts off due to having no power, your steering (if it has power steering) and your brakes (they still work but theres no brake booster) won't work with power assistance.
I don't think you could get the problem your saying with a standard commodore alternator as they produce quite alot of amps. So unless you have a BIG stereo(big amps), your powers probably not your problem.
I'm only guessing but your fuel pump might need looking at, depends on how many k's your cars done otherwise l wouldn't worry looking at it.
This is a strange one anyway, hopefully someone here will be able to help you out anyhow!!