Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo Problem!!!

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Hi guys i just finished installing a second amp into my car and a pair of 6x9's. Its an 800wrms Monoblock amp and the 6x9's are 180w Pioneers or something. I already had a Kenwood 350w amp running a Kenwood 12inch sub. So this is how i wired it.. i have two power cables coming from the battery one for each amp and two ground cables (one of top of the other) The remote/accessorys wire i have coming from the front and spliet at the boot with one wire goin to each amp and as for the RCA's i have used splitters to get it to each amp. The Kenwood 350 now runs the 6x9's and the 800wrms runs the Sub. I had it goin and it work fine it was loud as and as soon as i started the car the sub vibrated at full noise even with head unit off, only way to stop was pullin RCA's out of the sub amp. Any help? Cheers

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hmm, that is a strange one! Chances are being a monoblock it has less noise filtering in its internals. Are your RCAs routed past your ecu by any chance? Try running a proven set of rcas straight from the headunit to the back of the car (just temporarily, laying on the centre console, straight through the ski hatch etc), plug them in, and see if things sound different.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
have you upgraded the earth wire on the battery? check to see if your wiring crosses over wiring in the car, maybe try separating the earthing points for the amp

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
ohhh i've heard of this b4, let me ask my stereo guru mate and i'll get back to you

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Thanks guys .. No havent upgraded battery earth but i heard it could be cause i have standard head unit and using hi to low convertors?
Thanks BANKS that would be good. It didnt do it a bit yesterday than i turned headunit of at the lights and it did it again full vibration had to go pull over and rip RCA leads out of the amp running the sub and turn car off to get it to stop, quite embarrassing lol. The 6x9's dont do it of there amp only the sub