Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stereo problems

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
recently my stereo(just a stock tape player atm) has been turning on but wont play music or anything, but sometimes it will be on and music playing but then i will go over a bump or something and it will still be turned on but the music will stop, so having no idea about electrical faults, what could it be? im thinking the wires arnt connected properly somewhere, anyone else had this problem? any idea what the problem is?

Tw1n Tur6o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Are u playing music through tapes or listening to the radio?
It sounds like you may need to upgrade.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
nah not listening to tapes, just to the radio, i was going to get a new stereo this week but then it started messing up and i thought whats the point if theres something wrong with the wireing

jay8989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
it would just be the wiring for ur speakers so u'll have to check that

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah i know i figured it was the speaker wireing, bit its not just one speaker its all of them, how should i go about cheking them?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
check the speakers...see f they are working..i do that just by using a 9volt battery on each one..
if they alll wor then when you buy a new headunit just run new speaer wires while ya at it :)

jay8989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
its easy as just replace ur speaker wire an wat kinda speakers do u have in the car new ones or the old standead ones an wheres abouts do u live bcoz if u live in qld i could come do it for u

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
hey, yeah i had a feeling it was the wires and when i get a new headunit i was going to replace the wires, and mabey put in some new door speakers for better quility, thanks heaps everyone, and nah sorry mate that would be heaps appreciated but im from n.s.w down the coast, how would i go about testing each speaker with a batterie?

jay8989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
well the easyest thing would be take out ur head unit an ur speakers but still have it all conected an test it that way

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
yeah might try that then, cause im taking the head unit out soon anyways, thanks boys