Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo - subwoofer question

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
You can but you will need the RCA outputs wired into your headunit by Greg (aka Phreddy) from ASR Audio. I spoke to him about it last week while he was doing some other work on my car and I am getting him to do it for my car shortly. To power the sub you will need to put an amp in also. Basically what the mod does is allow you to send channels to the amp which then drives the sub. Without a mod like that, you can use an LOC if you don't want to do any future upgrades to speakers but the quality won't be as good. Shoot him an email at [email protected]

Hope that helps.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
did it to my vt. lasted 6 weeks before the cd player died. sounded good. search it out on the net or in here. works a treat. you need to be able to solder and follow instructions.

VRMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Station Wagon
so many times ive wanted to do this, i didnt know it was possible at all, Im gonna google this, hit it up tonight, ill post how it goes.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My son has done it to his VY using the stock head unit and a 4 channel amp and an RCA converter. sounds ok