Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo unpredictable and limp mode

Parq

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Hey, hope I’m not intruding here cus I have a Chevrolet Lumina SS which is basically a commodore ss with a left driver instead. It’s the same car regardless. Anyways I purchased the car and it had been sitting for about a year prior without it functioning. I put in a new battery and the main issues I’m encountering are quite weird. The stereo functions 50% of the time but it is always on even when the car is off so I have to take out the negative before I go home. Sometimes it will start and it will only say voice in for the entire car ride and no buttons will function correctly and the ac fan will be on medium and you can’t change it. When I drive it at full power after awhile the car will go into limp mode/safety mode and the check engine light will come on even though the engine and the transmission are functioning correctly. I took it to a shop to get it scanned and I got code P0522 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage. When I leave the car off for awhile the safety mode will disappear and if I disconnect the battery for 10 mins the check engine light will also disappear until it goes into safety mode again. I took it to another shop and they did a quick check and another message popped up after it had gone into limp mode. It said something including 5v circuit. Will get it scanned tomorrow to check the exact code. Could the oil pressure sensor be the cause of the limp mode or is it completely electronic related similar to the stereo issue?