Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

StevenzZ 2000 VTII Spak, another tiga!

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
yeah that would be good if you could show me a pic with spoiler off wouldnt mind having a look...

do you think SSL in the rear is to much? i ask that because a lot of people i have spoken to say you end up being disappointed with SL in the rear....what do you reckon?

A mate of mine got SL all round with new shocks and the rear arch sits level with the top of the tyre, it sits alright and, so iv heard doesnt scrap on much. Definitly stick to SL on the front though. I will be moving to SL all round when i get the cash, in the photos below its only FE2

Here are the photos without the spoiler, imo it makes it look alot lower then it really is. But wasnt worth paying the $300 to spray the boot plus whatever it would cost to bog the holes.
58584d1232850113-my-vt-series-2-spak-tiger-mica-25012009466.jpg

58585d1232850113-my-vt-series-2-spak-tiger-mica-25012009467.jpg

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
thanks for that mate, yeah i think ill try out the SSL in the rear and see how i go, i can always go back to SL if worst comes to worst.

the car always "seems" lower with the spoiler off....there is something about the spoiler that raises the car haha. maybe in the near future ill remove the spoiler when i have the cash to fix up the wholes, at the moment i think the money is better spent else where:whistling

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
thanks for that mate, yeah i think ill try out the SSL in the rear and see how i go, i can always go back to SL if worst comes to worst.

the car always "seems" lower with the spoiler off....there is something about the spoiler that raises the car haha. maybe in the near future ill remove the spoiler when i have the cash to fix up the wholes, at the moment i think the money is better spent else where:whistling

haha yeah exactly, spend the cash on lowering it and a good sound system or exhaust or somthing

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
haha yeah exactly, spend the cash on lowering it and a good sound system or exhaust or somthing
yeah the car came with an exhaust but i had to remove it due to being on red p plates and living in vic :(

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
yeah the car came with an exhaust but i had to remove it due to being on red p plates and living in vic :(

don't let that stop you mate lol. Im on green Ps in Vic(Missed the red P's by 6 days) and have a cat back exhaust, i drive past cops/police stations all the time, hell there's even a cop that lives next door to me, and never had a problem, just don't go getting one that stupidly loud.

Iv also go a tuned chip, high flow filter, custom made cai. I havn't had any issues. Iv also got underbody neons, blue parkers etc and have been pulled up around twice just to check my licence

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
yeah, the one that came with the car was a strait pipe into a hotdog at the end then split into two pipes and it was from the cat back as well...but it was really loud and droney i didn't like it anyway...

mite invest in another exhaust that is not so loud and just has a nice tone...

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
don't let that stop you mate lol. Im on green Ps in Vic(Missed the red P's by 6 days) and have a cat back exhaust, i drive past cops/police stations all the time, hell there's even a cop that lives next door to me, and never had a problem, just don't go getting one that stupidly loud.

Iv also go a tuned chip, high flow filter, custom made cai. I havn't had any issues. Iv also got underbody neons, blue parkers etc and have been pulled up around twice just to check my licence

Yeah but Green P laws are different to Red P laws. Red P laws say that you're not allowed any engine mods at all, including exhaust. Green P platers are allowed to do some mods I believe.

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
yup im not allowed any engine modifications at ALL...but i drove with the exhaust on for about 4days when i brought the car drove past police a few times and did not get pulled over.

my friend is on red p's and also has an exhaust and has not been in trouble for it but he drives sensibly(most of the time :p).....i think as long as you drive to the rules and dont do anything stupid they leave you alone.

im still yet to be pulled over driving this car even with HID's etc

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
wow have not posted in this thread for awhile....

well i lowered the car a few weeks ago with SSL in the front and SL in the rear, only because repco gave me the wrong springs and i couldn't be bothered changing it.....was supposed to me SSL rear and SL in front but oh well.

haven't got any pics at the moment but will put some up soon.

on another note, the car is for sale if anyone is interested let me no looking for a quick sale!....reason being is i drive the daily more often then this and i cant really do what i want because of red p's :(

thats about it for now....will post pics when i can of the lowering