Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sticking new fabric from spotlight over old carpet?

trble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 96
Was thinking of getting some nice, 1/2cm thickness tops fabric from spotlight and using adhesive to glue it on top of my old carpet since it looks really crumby and I want to re-do my cars interior (mainly repaint/polish the plastic trim because it's scuffed everywhere and looks like trash)
Just curious whether gluing fabric on fabric is a no no or a go go :cool: and if not what other options do I have? They wouldn't make new boot carpets anymore and the current one is like glued into shape, something I'm not sure I could do with new fabric
Cheers

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
My 2 cents worth:
Why bother when you can just buy a replacement carpet and then you don't have to screw around gluing it down and what not.
It's cheap enough and you can choose what colour you want and type of carpet pile
http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au/commodore/

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Guarantee trying to glue some fabric over the top of old carpet will look **** and wont last.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Guarantee trying to glue some fabric over the top of old carpet will look **** and wont last.
I reckon. But if you don't want to go to the trouble of dismantling the interior to fit new carpets, I "use and recommend" http://www.matcraft.com.au/.
I have their mats in my 3 cars, reasonable price delivered, look and wear great.