Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sticky Windscreen Wipers

smith#29

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II exec
g'day fellas,

need some help with the wipers on the VT. They keep getting stuck in the middle of the windscreen no matter how wet the screen is or how fast the wipers are going, and also sometimes they stay where ever you turn them off at (not returing to the off position on bottom of the windscreen). To get the wipers to move once they are stuck in the middle of the screen, i have to turn the wipers off and turn them to the fastest position.

my question is, how to fix the problem? anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

cheers guys

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
buy some new wipers? only cost a few bucks? if that dosent fix it buy some new arms from the wreckers

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Don't buy the stupid Aunger Coloured wipers they are crap. I had to replace my old wipers and only had a few minutes to run into a store and get some. They only sold those stupid Aunger things and I have been cursing them ever since. They screech across the window, they are loud and annoying and what's worse is that they are in every bloody auto shop, I can't find any decent wiper replacements, everyone now is selling those crap things or complete arm replacements (which I don't need).

OK I got that off my chest, I will be a good boy now.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The problem will be around the wiper motor area, either a bent arm (not the wiper blade arm) or worn motor transmission. New wiper blades won't fix the problem.

smith#29

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs II exec
ok, thanks for the replies,

was thinking it would be something to do with the motor or so as you suggested. so what would be the next step then? havnt really had a good look into it yet, what would be the next thing to try and do? chuck a bit of lube or sumting onto the linkages or so?

thanks again

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
ok, thanks for the replies,

was thinking it would be something to do with the motor or so as you suggested. so what would be the next step then? havnt really had a good look into it yet, what would be the next thing to try and do? chuck a bit of lube or sumting onto the linkages or so?

thanks again
I would start by removing the cover for the wiper motor and linkages, whack the wipers on and see if anything is obviously wrong. I don't know much about the wiper motors because I've never had a problem with them in any car.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Sometimes the bolts are loose where the arm connects to the motor. Also the Graphite coated grey inserts are good, the rest including other brands can squeak. Bosch ones may be ok. Also look at replacing the whole arm. Some newer replacement windscreens arent the best either.