Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Happy New Year To Everyone.

I'm currently on holidays on the Goldcoast and got here a week ago.

I wanted to drive with the old girl for one last long trip from Sydney for the Christmas break. The car (2005 VZ Wagon) had a few issues to sort out before I could take it on a long trip but only wanted to sort out the most important issues in terms of priority.

Current Issues;
  • Low Fuel Warning ( After speaking to a few people they said my ecu needs an update to the latest software available. Sent the ECU, PIM, BCU to Injectronics who found no error)
  • Oil Leaking From Rocker Cover Into Spark Plug Well ( Bought all the required gaskets)
  • Coolant Inlet Manifold Leak ( Have the gaskets)
  • SVS (Service Vehicle Soon) (Bought a "genuine" Oil Pressure Switch from eBay for $32 Holden charge $80 for it)
  • Temperature Gauge Keeps Fluctuating ( Don't know the reason)
  • Check Oil Warning (Don't know. Hopefully not a blocked oil pickup)
I dropped the old oil and put a fresh oil filter and one litre of ATF and fresh oil and gave it a start and idle for about 15 mins. I dropped that oil and installed the eBay "genuine" oil pressure switch. I put fresh diesel engine oil ( Nulon 5W40 Full Synthetic) and a new oil filter.
I started the car and took it for a drive and I get the check oil warning on the dash. After all that effort and it was the night before my trip it really disheartened me.

My intention was to drive to Goldcoast and back with the diesel oil and give the engine a clean and change the oil as well as put new plugs gaskets and fix the rest of the issues.

My first thought was I blocked the oil pickup. But after reading a few threads it might also be the oil pressure switch, which I'm hoping it is.

I'll be back in Sydney tomorrow so hopefully I'll go and buy a proper oil pressure switch from Holden and see if that fixes the problem.

Maybe a useless post but at least it keeps the VZ forums alive

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When I do a change, I get clean oil back down the filter inlet. It's my unproven theory that it hopefully clears away anything on the pick up screen.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Just an update guys.

I changed over the "genuine" eBay oil pressure switch to a genuine ACDelco from Holden and all is sweet so far. No check oil warning.

I paid $80 from Holden Spare Parts in Sydney. The eBay "genuine" one was $32

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ I’d hit the eBay seller for a refund on the DOA oil pressure sensor. Once received, I’d then place a low to mid rating with comment regarding the faulty product & refund. If there is trouble getting a refund, I’d give the lowest rating possible so others are warned of the quality being sold and the fact the seller doesn’t stand by what he sells.

If you do get the refund, the final fix just cost $80. If you don’t get the refund, then it cost you $112. In either case you had to do the install a second time :oops:

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Both part numbers are the same
There is more than one switch, so you may have been given the wrong one first time.

I already sent a message to the seller who informed me that it was genuine and that I should check the error code, anyway I reported the item as fake and asked for a refund and also left a shot review on the part and will be giving the seller a bad review. The item didn't come in any proper packaging just a made up box