Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stinger alarm flashing lights with no sound

VYNoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive II
Hello, my car used to make a chirp when locked but for a while now it's done nothing. The factory alarm still works so I haven't bothered to fix it - (Why would somebody have a second alarm installed anyway?!) Sometimes when I press lock twice to deadlock the car (VY Commodore) the Stinger alarm thinks I'm entering panic mode and starts flashing my lights wildly but there is no sound.

The booklet says the model number is ST11X, which I can't find any information for online. It's solution for no sound is to "Check siren is turned on" giving no information where to look or how to do it...

I've looked at the unit inside the car and can't see anything wrong with it, checked the siren under the bonnet for water damage and it looks brand new inside, checked all the connections I can find and they all look good. I have no blown fuses or anything along those lines...

ANY ideas what I should look for next? I don't know much about alarms but surely this shouldn't be so complicated.

Thanks!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Try and get in contact (PM him) with a member on here called "Tasmaniak".
He installs these types of things for a living and is a wealth of information when it
comes to alarms and such.

VYNoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive II
Thanks Nut Kracker, PM sent and hopefully he can help out.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Sounds like the siren has died. Is there anywhere on the siren to insert a key? Do you pressure wash your engine sometimes?

Sirens don't like a lot of water unfortunately especially battery back up versions.

If you dont really care for it, pull the fuses that are inline with it. There will probably 2 or 3. Just yank them all. Verify your car will start afterwards. If not put the fuses back in and let me know.

If you want it working again then I'd suggest getting someone to look at the siren.

My workshop is located in the cbd near the Queen Vic Market. You are welcome to stop past and i can have a look no charge.

VYNoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive II
Thanks, I'll triple check everything but I didn't see any blown fuses. I don't wash my engine and the siren box doesn't appear to have any water damage inside it, nor did I see any battery/fuse/key thing inside the box but I'll check it all again. I'd love to have it looked at but unfortunately the CBD is too far from where I live, I'll try and find an alarm guy locally but I don't know of any. Thanks again.

EDIT: On a side note, is it possible to just buy a siren on eBay and splice it in to the existing wiring?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What area of Melbourne are you in? I know lots of guys.

VYNoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive II
I'm not really in the city per se, easiest way to describe it is a small town half way between Pakenham & Phillip Island.