Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stinger GT vs SSV Redline 0-100 & 1/4 Mile

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But if he only revved it to 5300rpm WTF was he thinking?
I don't have sound available to me, but would you hear flappy-paddle operation if he was using the flappy paddles?

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
I guess thats why they are doing 7yr warranty on remaining V8's !

I doubt any stock Commodore ever ran a 12.79 no matter what the shift points were. People running W407 or whatever are around this before they start looking for drag radials.

Will be interesting when the tunes start on these things, if the driveline is strong enough, people are going to start boosting them !

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
It's all media bullshit they want to make the Stinger look better than it really is.
Holden driver did not push the SS hard at all.

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
To be fair I have only ever seen one review where an SSV Redline has run sub 5 seconds. 5.3 0-100 seems to be about the norm whether it is performed by Motor, Wheels or one of the many youtube car channels.

Imagine what the Stinger will do with just a tune.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
To be fair I have only ever seen one review where an SSV Redline has run sub 5 seconds. 5.3 0-100 seems to be about the norm whether it is performed by Motor, Wheels or one of the many youtube car channels.

Imagine what the Stinger will do with just a tune.

How many decent Kia tuners in Australia?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
How many decent Kia tuners in Australia?
Probably the same number of decent KIA tuners in Australia as decent Commodore tuners ... because they're probably the same workshops. :)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
There looks like there is hope for the post-(Australian)-Commodore era. It seems that Kia will be on the money with the Stinger.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You guys can all make as many excuses as you want about the time that the Commodore recorded. It was the driver, the media, the car must have a bad tune in it. Whatever, it doesnt really matter.

At the end of the day, find me a 0-100 time for the VF as Tested (auto, stock SS) in any of the tests that were done that is better than the Stinger posted in that video. Then come back to the table and start comparing the two. Because as it sits at the moment, and as the 0-100 1/4 mile shows, the Commodore lost.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
i have looked up motoring press 1/4 mile times world wide for the stinger and none are nowhere near a 12.79. best i could find was 13.3 to 13.4 mark.
any one seen any other stinger test into the 12.79 range, thats a massive jump from a 13.3.
i wonder being a press mule if the wicks been turned up a bit . would not be the first time this sort of thing has been done for a new model launch.

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
i have looked up motoring press 1/4 mile times world wide for the stinger and none are nowhere near a 12.79. best i could find was 13.3 to 13.4 mark.
any one seen any other stinger test into the 12.79 range, thats a massive jump from a 13.3.
i wonder being a press mule if the wicks been turned up a bit . would not be the first time this sort of thing has been done for a new model launch.

Maybe the Australia only sports exhaust they developed for it makes a difference? It sounded like the car in the vid had that fitted? I did read it was developed by the same guys that do the HSV exhaust. Who knows, just throwing it out there as a possibility.