Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stinger GT vs SSV Redline 0-100 & 1/4 Mile

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Definitely a TCS ignition cut-out 2-3 so torque (and momentum) was lost. Of course you guys know what it is supposed to sound like, smooth transition. This is abrupt stop. That is devastating on times to build HP again, especially changing that low.
It's either manual shifting vs auto sports shift
Maybe the Australia only sports exhaust they developed for it makes a difference? It sounded like the car in the vid had that fitted? I did read it was developed by the same guys that do the HSV exhaust. Who knows, just throwing it out there as a possibility.
Maybe this whole PR exercise is another steaming pile of shit?
Maybe this is bait by a new member?
Maybe these two apologists don’t know what tuning is and does, else wouldn’t be hopeful of yet more power past peak!

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Answer me this guys..
Car advice had both cars at the exact time, and yet they choose to run them individually down the quarter?
Also im yet to see an auto series 2 ss only do 5.3 to 100, everyone ive seen is around 5.

I smell a rat

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
proper comparison would be side by side at the drag strip

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
There are going to be a bunch of Stinger vs New Commodore vs Old Commodore tests and comparisons over the coming months. We are probably reading too much into just one test.

No bait from me monstar, I own a Redline and have been a member here for almost a year, I am more of a lurker than a poster but thought I would share something that I thought was interesting.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
There are going to be a bunch of Stinger vs New Commodore vs Old Commodore tests and comparisons over the coming months. We are probably reading too much into just one test.

No bait from me monstar, I own a Redline and have been a member here for almost a year, I am more of a lurker than a poster but thought I would share something that I thought was interesting.

Agree with this, let's not flip out :)

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Well i cant wait to race one. Rip Killed in action.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OK, was the test a total setup hence flawed, or is the MSE trans set to shift 1-2 and 2-3 at 5300 in Sports Mode hence flawed?

Also someone asked about the 2-3 shift how it was cutting out before peak the other day, told him must’ve been the torque management not to worry. Anyone else with VFII only get bit less than 100 kph at 5300 in 2nd then power cut via ignition?

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Bought a car just the other day
Man, could that baby run !

But you know what they always say
There's always a better one.

TISM know it.

LS3SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline A6
My station wagon looks stock, with bimodal commanded on sounds it too. I should ring 'em up put an über sign in the rear window and we do another test – the ol' driver mod and this time FFS kick it in the guts Barry!
View media item 345
Wow, goes like a scalded cat! You had that thing down the quarter? Reckon you'd cut a decent 60 footer. I'd need some sticky rubber to get away like that haha ( ET Streets are on the way) need those 17" wheels though

Harli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Here is some key information, make of it what you will:
Race driver Randy Pobst lap times around streets of willow racetrack as tested for MotorTrend are;

Chevy SS 1:25.71

Stinger 1:28.9

That is a very big time difference. Either the stinger handles like a pig, or caradvice has massaged the stinger times, or both. You decide.