Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stinger GT vs SSV Redline 0-100 & 1/4 Mile

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Now let them try the comparision with a real Commodore LS3, one with a stick!
Slower than an auto one aren’t they?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Why is this even discussed...
Is any current SS owner really even considering KIA down the track ?!
Sure as hell I am not...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just a pointless thread to attract trolls really. We could all buy a Hyabusa or as I've said before, work the **** out of a 2 stroke dirt bike that would eat them both. The comparison is just as pointless.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Why is this even discussed...
Is any current SS owner really even considering KIA down the track ?!
Sure as hell I am not...
Yeah I might, will take a pretty big change for me to be able to self-justify the cost of a 540i or E400; and they don’t come in manual either.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
One man's obsession is another man's Kia. Christ I'm tired of hearing about this twin turboed shitbox. I couldn't give a flying fukc how fast it is. If I was interested in that crap I'd join other forums. But, that's just my opinion and I support others liberty, to have the freedom of speech to discuss it. So carry on if you must. It's just not a car that I have the slightest iota of interest in. Rice pudding is just a cheap desert.

Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger,

Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger,

Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger, Stinger.

Time for an antihistamine I think.

That Kia is slick and as I've said before, I don't mind the look of it. I find the comparison pointless though. The Swinger is quicker to 100 and over the 1/4mile than a VF2 SS. Great. The SS is also quicker than the in video, but it s time was beaten by the Kia.
We drive our cars in so many different ways, environments, applications, up hills, down twisty mountains, through school zones on holidays towing the boat etc. We don't do 0-100 blasts or 1/4 mile squirts very often. So why focus on 1 test result? Because, there is no correlation between that result, and how well the car performs in the real world.
It may be an awesome car. Or it may be a one trick pony. Time will tell.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Time for an antihistamine I think.

That Kia is slick and as I've said before, I don't mind the look of it. I find the comparison pointless though. The Swinger is quicker to 100 and over the 1/4mile than a VF2 SS. Great. The SS is also quicker than the in video, but it s time was beaten by the Kia.
We drive our cars in so many different ways, environments, applications, up hills, down twisty mountains, through school zones on holidays towing the boat etc. We don't do 0-100 blasts or 1/4 mile squirts very often. So why focus on 1 test result? Because, there is no correlation between that result, and how well the car performs in the real world.
It may be an awesome car. Or it may be a one trick pony. Time will tell.
OK gimme a minut... dreamin ‘bout a sexy ass Asian, popped outta Gangnam smiles and titties blazin - look under the sheets masculinity failin, oh my god imma fucken an alien!
22366535_1848430771838585_2395065873035043280_n.jpg

FTW and where we at pouring 40 for ol Commie. Pass mike to K-Jong-Un, gonna rap next line fo' me...
On the special setup traction control for AWD overboost launching... reminds me of an 86 pulled in front just as slowing down from 80 kph to the lights at Raymond Terrace. Rude, brash. Had a sprintex, canons and lowered, rims and stickers about computers or something, thought great you little mofo not just gonna shut you down gonna run over little matchbox ass too.
Sure enough on green it slid bit left then right apparently trying hard to impress, let it go for a bit then planted it, flashed him over and zoomed past about twice his speed at 3-4000 RPM. Yeah nah 0-100 is for kids, relax set the rabbit free then chomp it’s arse. :cool:

Last edited:

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Can I summarise this thread:
- Just one test
- The Kia is a good car but they are very different cars.
- We drive our cars more than just over the quarter mile
- More importantly - the sound difference between the two. Kia is an artificial sound while the Redline is real. The Kia in comparison sounded like a sick cat.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
here
One man's obsession is another man's Kia. Christ I'm tired of hearing about this twin turboed shitbox. I couldn't give a flying fukc how fast it is. If I was interested in that crap I'd join other forums. But, that's just my opinion and I support others liberty, to have the freedom of speech to discuss it. So carry on if you must. It's just not a car that I have the slightest iota of interest in. Rice pudding is just a cheap desert.

here, here