Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

STKE's VT s2 Calais 3.8S

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
That actually looks pretty cool. Might as well leave the turtle cover off as it just keeps some heat and noise in. So long as chev badges dont find their way onto the car at some point...

That pulley looks huge as well, really should do something about it as well. I have a Mace 10psi kit and one of their cai's on my vs l67 and its great. But now I want more power.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Cheers
I noticed when i took the throttle body off it's caked with black oily **** so maybe next week i will pull it off and the throttle body adapter and give them a good clean.

Yep lowering it is going to be second on that list. First.......... time to change that pulley..........

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
The other day when i did the rocker covers i noticed how much of a build up of **** there was in the throttle body and the throttle body adapter. So today i decided to pull them off and give them a clean. Just used carby cleaner and a tooth brush

Here are the Results

BEFORE

IMG_0766Small.jpg

IMG_0767Small.jpg

IMG_0768Small.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0769Small.jpg

IMG_0771Small.jpg

AND ME EXPRESSING MY EXTREME HATRED TOWARDS REMOVING THE THROTTLE BODY ADAPTER

IMG_0772Small.jpg

BIG-EV

Project VT (In Progress)
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 VTII Executive 3.8L Supercharged V6 Wagon
hahaha I know how ya feel.. I had to remove the TB and Rocker covers 10 times because i was having issues with my rockers.. 10th times the charm and i finally got it perfect. The problem was the valve springs are not strong enough. come feb = new block and stronger springs yew :)

Still have this pulley sitting here for ya.. we can fit it on the day just give me 45min to refit the snout but like i said the snout has a crack it in so u have to keep topping up the fluid in the snout otherwise i will ware out the gears on the m90. Using it for one day will be fine just get it swapped over to ya normal snout after.

you will feel a shitload more torque when taking off.. Mine on the other had get valve float up high so i start loosing power after 4500 rpm

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't you just remove the pulley of the cracked snout and put it on mine... i thought it was just a straight swap over?

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alternator and Power steering pump replaced. Can notice a huge difference with a new Alternator.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought i'd do a bit of an update since it's been a while.

Radiator blew last week. Pick one up from red Devil for $213. Good fun changing that out Wednesday night. Same goes to changing to thermostat and the gasket for it. (the gasket was fused to the housing took a chisel and sand paper to get it good again).
supercharger belt is screaming like a mother ****er. More then likely due to a slightly warped pulley.
Used a pulley grip spray..... Big mistake. The sticky **** just goes everywhere.
A slight spray of the Good Old WD40 takes car of the squeal.
and to top it off managed to pick up a ticket on Monday. Which also happened to be my 21st..... bit of dampener on the day.
Such a great week last week. Also my phone and Ipod broke ><

Today..... *sigh* driving home the check engine light pops up on the dash just cruising home in the daily traffic commute. Turned car off didn't pop up for about 10 mins. Mechanical nothing wrong with the drive trans. gear change is sweet. No clunks.

Having a bit of a think i think i might believe it may be an 02 sensor on the way out. Might do some more research on that.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Threw in a Second Kenwood 10". It's all about quality for me not quanty, sounds frikin awesome. Havn't had a set up like this for a while.