Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

STKE's VT s2 Calais 3.8S

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Water pump went yesterday. Now placing bets on which pump goes next. I am putting my money towards Fuel.

Have a nice large service planed for her in the upcoming weeks

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Water pump went yesterday. Now placing bets on which pump goes next. I am putting my money towards Fuel.
Have a nice large service planed for her in the upcoming weeks

If it's anything like replaceing the water pump on the 5ltrs it will be a fair pain in the arse!..

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Easy job. Smack Bang in the middle of the block. Remove a idler pulley and the pump pulley and it's just 6/7 bolts.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Easy job. Smack Bang in the middle of the block. Remove a idler pulley and the pump pulley and it's just 6/7 bolts.

Piece of piss really, the 5ltrs you generally need to pull the radiator out in order to get your hands in there.
Ohh updated my ride thread, finally got around to lowering her... check it out!

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very nice mate. Will have to see in person soon. I was planning to lower the Calais but i just moved house and the drive way wont let me lower the car to get into the garage. I have to use planks already.

Plaining on doing a all out service following weekend when my commission is payed out, brakes, leads, filers, plugs the works..........

L

Leo.Bullterrier

Thats a sweet ride there man, A work mate just bought a VX Accliam after seeing mine that I paid $10,000 and with 180,000 on the clock, his has 90,000 klms and cost him $7,900, I swapped him my 17'' mags and tyres for his new 15'' tyres and standard rims. I'm having the 15'' rims powdercoated yellow as my VX is a bronzy colour, the ride with the 15'' tyres is now beautiful with the standard suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers buddy. I have a a large service coming up. My bottom draw at work is full of parts. This is whats on the menu

Slotted and Drilled Front Disks
Bendix Pads
Top Gun Spark Leads 8.0mm TG MAX Series
Autolite 1 Sparkplugs
Gota Change the supercharger coupler
Paint the Brake Calipers
Lurkey Air Filer
Oil Change
Trans Fluid Change
Diff Oil Change
Have to change our the Looms for the tail lights as the sockets have become brittle and have broken.

What else can i do?

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Top Stuff very clean, I like your work. On My VT S Pac I had before I smashed it, I had exactly what you had no S/C, but red engine cover and the pipe going to the bumper.

Cheers

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bloody Yesterday, I use hardwood plans about 750mm long to get into the garage because it's on a steep slope from the the drive way. Had the car parked in the drive way over night, went to take it yesterday and when i went to back up the car, rolled onto the planks and they gave way and skidded straight into the garage roller door. Bit of a scratch on the bonnet but ****ed the garage door up. Quick kick to the door and it went back it. Pretty pissed.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did all the servicing bar the diff and painting the calipers.

One of the leads was to short. WTF is the go with that i have no idea.

Changing the coupler on the supercharger was about the most amount of fun in the world. Stunk out the place. and i dont think it sealed 100%. I need to find out where i can get some more oil in stead of having to order it from yerra terra.

And the disks were rusted on so ended up breaking 2 studs in the process (mind you that i had had quite alot to drink by that point).

Other then that, just going to take it easy for the engine management to catch up to the changes.

Bring on Cruise for charity.