Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock 304, Guide to choosing a camshaft

Scrubmonk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 V8
I'm currently running a Wade 963A961A10 Cam, with a Greenfoam tune to suit in a 304 VS Commy. It is a nice cam that doesn't loose torque, gives a nice little boost in the low to mid rev range. Has a slightly more agressive note, but idles well, very streetable, still gives reasonable economy and fun to drive. Wade and Greenfoam are both highly recommended for service. The custom tune is a must and don't even consider changing a cam unless you are prepared to have it tuned professionally.
I did the cam myself with engine in car and made the mistake of using some Procomp components (made out of stale cheddar I think). In hindsight however, for all the blood sweat and tears of getting everything setup right, next time I would either leave things stock and just add extractors, exhaust and a really good tune, or go all out with a more agressive cam, head work and better intake manifold with a quad throttle setup.

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
Greenfoam - Do you do a tune for a 5L VS with Wade 222/222 @50' cam, STA supercharger running about 7 - 8 PSI, redline manifold with quad throttle body, difillipo 1/34 to 3" outlet, dual 3" exhaust, running green top injectors, 3 grand stally, VN TH700 using a manual VS computer & wiring harness and a 500hp fuel pump?

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
he does but it will cost extra than the basic tune obviously. here is his ebay username for anyone wanting to purchase a memcal from greenfoam. i would urge people NOT to bombard him with messages and just be patient and wait untill he lists his services for sale.

nicefrog | eBay

BADWOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs maloo, vc sle, vh ss grp3,vu ss ute,
Got my greenfoam tune today which was badly needed after installing a crane 276 cam , isky springs etc ..........The verdict I couldnt be happier greenfoam is an absolute wizzard , It starts, idles perfect and pulls like a animal . did A quick power run on a mates dyno dyamics dyno (ex coastal dyno) to check air/fuel mixtures etc with a highest hp of 164.6kw straight of the bat through an auto . mixtures were pretty good right through the rev range. what do you guys think of that? Will post up dyno sheet when I get to a scanner

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Got my greenfoam tune today which was badly needed after installing a crane 276 cam , isky springs etc ..........The verdict I couldnt be happier greenfoam is an absolute wizzard , It starts, idles perfect and pulls like a animal . did A quick power run on a mates dyno dyamics dyno (ex coastal dyno) to check air/fuel mixtures etc with a highest hp of 164.6kw straight of the bat through an auto . mixtures were pretty good right through the rev range. what do you guys think of that? Will post up dyno sheet when I get to a scanner

sounds about right for a 276. well done should be a fun car

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I decided to have a bit of a hoon on the forum today, didn't expect to see that post!, that was for the VS Ute? you don't mess around getting on the dyno. Put up the chart it might be able to go 170 with some fixing, that would be good for a 276

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I decided to have a bit of a hoon on the forum today, didn't expect to see that post!, that was for the VS Ute? you don't mess around getting on the dyno. Put up the chart it might be able to go 170 with some fixing, that would be good for a 276

A post from foam?

THIS
IS
AWESOME

BADWOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs maloo, vc sle, vh ss grp3,vu ss ute,

Haha what can I say I couldnt wait to see what magic you could work on the maloo. I took a mate who has a series 3 vs (roller motor) with similar mods to mine and was speechless =) it pulls hards and its better on fuel . foamy you are a wizzard. cheers for everything

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I went 15.07 in a 3.08 geared VS exec. stock unopened 5L auto with cast headers and 250,000k on the clock, only mods were CIA and HSV exhaust with a greenfoam memcal if anyone wants to compare. I think traction off the line with the IRS and wheel spin in 1st prevented dropping into the 14's.