Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock 304, Guide to choosing a camshaft

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
so let me get this right hes mail order tunes are better than a dyno tune, padrickz88 if that is not the biggest load of **** ive heard.ffs if he has tuned thousands mmmmmmmmmmmm of cars he must be a very rich man by now considering he is better then a dyno tune

you seriously dont belong on this forum, do you ever take advice or just grill everyone elses?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
sporty custom, you must have had a bad experience, whatever that was it's a shame it didn't work out for you. All I can add here is that I personally have had around half a dozen tunes for 304s, v6s and a 215i mailed to me by Jason and I could not be happier with them. The ONLY one I had trouble with was a VT Ecotec, and that was because of other pre-existing imperfections in the fuel system.

People such as yourself who can't appreciate a good thing are the reason Jason isn't helping so many people these days and has become all but impossible to find. I hope you're happy with ruining the availability of Australia's best horsepower per dollar modification for the 5 litres, and causing a leading tuner so much grief he pretty much left the scene due to the head####. Thanks heaps, champ.

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
so let me get this right hes mail order tunes are better than a dyno tune, padrickz88 if that is not the biggest load of **** ive heard.ffs if he has tuned thousands mmmmmmmmmmmm of cars he must be a very rich man by now considering he is better then a dyno tune

No one has ever said they're better than a proper dyno tune. Obviously it would be near impossible for that to be the case. But for the $70 or so, it was quite a few hundred dollars cheaper. Enough to buy some headers with the change you would have spent. I still stand by the fact that I have video evidence of improved acceleration from before and after his tunes running identical fuel, same exhaust, etc

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special

I didnt say his tunes are better then on a dyno tune, I was saying he is a fantastic tuner and there are incompitent (spelling?) douche bags out there tuning with a dyno that cant get it right but jason could get it right via mail order...

His skills are fantastic and if you had any troubles im sure the problem was something to do with your car and not his tune :)

Btw nice trolling. douche.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
look fellsa

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Last edited:

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
any one want a free tune for a 5 ltr got it of some bozo that thought he could tune a car

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
any one want a free tune for a 5 ltr got it of some bozo that thought he could tune a car

Excellent. We get it. You don't rate the guy. Plenty of others (myself included) do. I don't like ChipTorque but plenty of others swear by them. Meh - each to their own. Get over it! I'm not sure what any of this has to do with selecting a camshaft.

Reaper

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
I have a crow cam and chip in my vs 5l. I had the engine rebuilt 20,000k's ago and i stayed with the crow cam that was already in the engine coz it was still in good condition i just can't remember which cam exactly it was. I can remember being told it was a stage 3 crow cam, the chip inside the computer has crow stamped on it and some numbers but i couldn't get much from that. I know the guy who built the engine had the cam out and worked out which one it was to get new valve springs to match it... Is there any way to tell from the chip? Or any way to tell without taking the cam out? Anyone know where it is stamped? I have the inlet manifold off atm so i can see the cam if i know where to look i might be able to get a code off it...

Will the type of cam in the car be important to a dynotuner?

I'm pretty sure it may be crucial to selection of ratio of roller rockers...

Last edited: