Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stock as a rock

camsta86

camsta86
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2000 3.8ltr
hey guys ive got myself a 2000 3.8 vx s and its as stock as u can get em can anyone help me out.where to start building my rock.im lookin for sound at first so can some one lead me in the direction of loud please, (ie) extractors,cats,mufflers,etc what sort to get and whats the best way to do it please help!!!:bow::bow::bow:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
If you're just after loud... a 2.5 catback with a hotdog instead of the rear muffler will do the job...

If you're after somethign that might should half decent and actually go...

Get some tuned length headers, and a 2.5inch catback... rear muffler is upto you...

Don't bother with cats... no point with the ecotec unless you're going FI.

A decent CAI will also get you some nice induction noise... avoiding SS Inductions is the general theme on in teh automotive community... mainly as they are faily over priced...

Some decent headers will set you back about 600 bux and the catback... you should be able to pic up for 400 installed... Redback and Lukey seem to the the most common ones going around...

Good luck

camsta86

camsta86
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2000 3.8ltr
cheers for that so a set of headers pacemakers,2.5 catbak with a hotdog and no cat i also here people saying"take the resi off"is that good if i do and also whats a hotdog? lol

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I originally had the resi (rear muffler) removed... but it was too loud and farty... so i put in a fairly big hotdog... which is itself a resonator (resi)...

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition