Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock Diff type

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
hey all,

just wondering, does this have an open diff or LSD

VY S-PAK Supercharged

on the metal plate, it says next to Axle, GS9

Mine says the same, but when you check the little tag hanging off the diff, it says "use LSD approved lubricant only". According to the manual i've got (an ellery), it's the same as a Monaro Super6 LSD 3.07, with the letters FH on the white tag on the side of the diff. Best part being that the car yard that sold it to me didnt know :thumbsup:

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
I went to smoke it up in the driveway i was expecting one side to spin and some how both started to spin started to kick out towards the fence i sh*t my self wasnt expecting it. On the metal plate it says GU4.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
"started to kick out towards the fence i sh*t my self"

LMAO :)

This from the Ellery Manual:-

All model vehicles are fitted with independent rear suspension as standard equipment, final drive option code GU4

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
I only have a single spinner although last time I was on the mountain for Bathurst weekend, I let loose with a big line locker and smoked both tyres for the length of the road - very proud of my effort with opposite lock, creeping sideways down the road:D

Maybe the single spinners have a tendancy to spin both wheels under sudden power?

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
Just jack the rear of the car up,with hand brake off & in neautral, turn one of the wheels if they rotate in the same direction the diff is a LSD.:thumbsup: