Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock Head Unit Wont Turn Off. Help Please!

dirte_dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Sedan
Hey Guys,

I have a 2004 VY S-Pack with the stock Blaupnkt (spelling lol) head unit. Basically it the backlight will not turn off when the car is off AND locked. It used to turn off automatically when I opened the drivers door but it won't do that anymore. I know it's just the backlight thats still on but you can still turn the whole unit on even when the car is off and locked.

This will eventually drain my battery if it is ongoing and it is so annoying! :realangry
If I pull the fuse out and put it back in the back light turns off. But next time I use it it does the same thing. Turning on/off the lights won't make a dif.

Any help will be appreciated.

ethann

Low And Luxurious!
Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 WRX, '73 Stingray, Lifted/Locked GQ.
Not quite sure.
But you could possibly try taking your negative battery terminal off for a few hours and see if it resets anything?

Just trying to give you some ideas?
Funny how it stay on :S

dirte_dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Sedan
Yeah I might try that. Hopefully that could reset it. If I do it it will effect my memcal yeah? If so will I need to do anything else?

dirte_dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Sedan
Well that didnt work! At least I think I did it right. There are so many different ways on the threads as to how to do it. Is there a difinitive way? Does anyone know any other solutions to my issue.

Flint Eastwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
mate, i have a vy 2004 with similar issues, the unit comes on when it wants to and i have to manually turn it off. some days it wont even turn on and clock wont keep time.
hoden yard i got it say they bench tested it and its dead, but i listened to it on the way to see the.
i cant help you mate but i share your frustration. mines a got holden used car warrenty, but i am not real happy. i will contact holden sales in next town and see if there is a known fault with 2004 batch of head units or something. keep in touch i will post follow up soon mate.

dirte_dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Sedan
Ks mate, it's very annoying. I sent an email to Holden and they said to check the door close sensor. This ofcoursr did not work so I'm going to take it to Holden for a look when I get sometime to myself. Not likely to be soon lol. I'll let u know if I find a solution. Until then anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

dirte_dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Sedan
OK so in the end at the same time my sub stopped working. I worked out that it was the fuse for the sub and when I replaced that the headunit magically fell into line.