Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Stock intake limitations

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Plan is to run alloy heads likely edelbrocks ported then scabble them and paint satin black and run yella terra bar mounts and use a spacer to lift the stock covers.
I want a stock looking engine that makes 500+

If only someone cast a replica group A intake.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is a Grp A replica manifold out there. I think I saw it on FB. Grp A manifold is still arguably the best manifold for a 304. Still kicking myself I passed up an opportunity to buy one many years ago for what seems like a very reasonably price these days.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
There is a Grp A replica manifold out there. I think I saw it on FB. Grp A manifold is still arguably the best manifold for a 304. Still kicking myself I passed up an opportunity to buy one many years ago for what seems like a very reasonably price these days.

I've been looking and can't find anything.
The only non single planes that make any chop that are available are the TP duals or Edelbrock duals.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Someone does they cost $8500 from MRTTB...production was halted by beer flu iirc.

That being said it was proven decent single plane shat all over them bang for bucks.

Come single plane with eldelbrock snout & ls1 throttle or maybe harrop single plane,lowest throttle body possible & k frame spacer will do the job or just eledbrock snout.

All depends on what actually building it for...my sle had 355 similar to TK av8 450hp recipe engine...it was drivable,most frustating thing about it was nowhere to use it on street.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
There you go, just sit down before you look at the price.

edit: beat me to it...

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You know I'm another holden v8 tragic...have been for decades.

Just don't use 'iron lion' shite as rather it was still called plastic motor

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Why did the skid factory boys start that BS?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That young whipper snapper Woody....still cringe when see or hear term used.

Prefer plastic slang even though that term goes back before my time when the racing 308's would lose oil pressure & not finish race lol

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Someone does they cost $8500 from MRTTB...production was halted by beer flu iirc.

That being said it was proven decent single plane shat all over them bang for bucks.

Come single plane with eldelbrock snout & ls1 throttle or maybe harrop single plane,lowest throttle body possible & k frame spacer will do the job or just eledbrock snout.

All depends on what actually building it for...my sle had 355 similar to TK av8 450hp recipe engine...it was drivable,most frustating thing about it was nowhere to use it on street.

8.5k for a replica........................ The orginals are going for 10-18 that's obvioulsy a money grab.
When a FAST LSX can make more than a Group A it seems pointless spending more than 2k on a replica.