Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock L76... is this worth doing?

P

Pauldw500

I have a 2009 SS and apart from some muffler deletes, it's a stock car. Will fitting a set of headers off a HSV GTS Clubsport be worth fitting? Will I gain any power or nicer tone maybe? The deletes gave it a nicer tone IMO but am told the stock headers will be restrictive...

Or is this a load of ole twaddle?... :oops:

These minus the cats for $150...

Screenshot_20220209-125023_Facebook.jpg

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Yip they are worth doing mate but you’ll need the cats too as the stock ss cats don’t fit the hsv headers, your other more expensive option would be some hi flow cats made up to fit the hsv headers, someone may actually sell a bolt on set

P

Pauldw500

Yip they are worth doing mate but you’ll need the cats too as the stock ss cats don’t fit the hsv headers, your other more expensive option would be some hi flow cats made up to fit the hsv headers, someone may actually sell a bolt on set
He's selling the cats too for $750 each so $1650 all up.

Hmmmm....

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual

Hmmmm....
Ouch!! May as well get proper long tube headers for that price, I did the hsv header upgrade with some decat pipes (I’m in nz) and it was a good little upgrade but definitely not worth it for that price all up

P

Pauldw500

Ouch!! May as well get proper long tube headers for that price, I did the hsv header upgrade with some decat pipes (I’m in nz) and it was a good little upgrade but definitely not worth it for that price all up
Yeah too expensive me thinks. Oh well...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Hmmmm....
Surely you could get aftermarket cats for less than that. Buy the headers for cheap if they will part with them separately.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If it's a stock engine there's no gains in power.