Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock SSV rims. Do you like them?

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Sitting in the garage drinking bourbon cans and admiring my new black ssv ute, the only other cars in town that match it for looks are the bendigo bank managers vf hsv black senator and the local millionaires missus' jaguar, but I'm just not so sure about the stock wheels on the ssv. I like them more than the stock wheels , either chrome or black , on the redline , but I saw a black ve thunder in town with those charcoal 19 inch rims ,today.
Do you like the stock vf ssv rims?

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Yep, I liked them so much I had the dealer include a set on my SV6 Ute.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Yep, I liked them so much I had the dealer include a set on my SV6 Ute.
Good answer! They are nice , but I am a bit of a woman when it comes to cars and wheels, I love it , but I think it could be better! Don't give a f**k about clothes, furniture, decor etc , just holden utes!

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
i like them. they look very similar to the roh mantis

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Don't hate them & am happy with them for now but there's always room for improvement. Personally looking at a black wheel as I think it will suit my Prussian Steel ute better & would like something with a reasonably deep concave.
Turns out that isn't as easy as I thought with widths & offsets suitable for this...

Also funny you mention the redline wheels. Considering them (in black), mainly because they are forged, staggered, clear big brakes, cheap & easily available. IMO they don't look terrible but not quite my taste...
Very interested in the wheels from a Gen-F HSV with the SV package but can't find any for sale!

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Yeah, I like the redline rims well enough , don't know what it is. One day I will see what it is I'm looking for and I will photograph those wheels then chase them up. Anyway I rank my vf ssv ute as one of the top three best looking vehicles in town, ... Small things ... Small minds... Just me!

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
The SSV rims are just Ok imo. I really like the black Redline rims though.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Was only looking at a white SSV today, parked next to my redline. Give me the redline rims anyday.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Personally I love the SSV rims! I dislike seeing black cars with black rims, well black rims altogether! One may as well drive on stockies! If there is a chrome lip that's not to bad. Plain all black is boring and it lacks contrast.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I plasti dipped my ssv wheels black and they now look a lot better. Totally changed the way the design of the wheel worked