Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock SSV Tune / power delivery

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
Herrod hey, they do ford stuff yeah?
Is it an airbox or OTR & is there any difference in performance between the two styles?
Looking at the OTR's I'm assuming they would prob require removal of the MAF??

nah mate theres a few brands thaat you can leave the MAF in.

VCM otr's are really good from what i hear. thats what im getting for mine, and they cost about $600 ish

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Herrod hey, they do ford stuff yeah?
Is it an airbox or OTR & is there any difference in performance between the two styles?
Looking at the OTR's I'm assuming they would prob require removal of the MAF??

Sorry its Harrop not Herrod :)

Its just the airbox (enclosed pod filter), whereas I have a VCM OTR
in terms of performance, the VCM OTR is better (with a tune), but the Harrop has a way better induction noise which is why he went for it because he didnt want an exhaust!

Keep your MAF, a good tuner can get as much out of a MAF setup as a MAFless, unless you start changing internals or doing serious mods!

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
250rwkw with just airbox and tune. I dunno is it just me or is that pretty unreal. I've got full exhaust system vcm Otr and tune and I've got 262rwkw

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
250rwkw with just airbox and tune. I dunno is it just me or is that pretty unreal. I've got full exhaust system vcm Otr and tune and I've got 262rwkw

yeah thats what i was thinking, 250rwkw is high...

has ANYONE had any problems with there VCM OTR's, with dust or water ect? like if its pissing down raining, can any drops get through into the pod filter?

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Bump... I would like to know this aswell :).

I rang Holden about this as i was wondering the same and they told me if there is a problem that they can directly pinpoint to the mods then it will void the warranty... Having sad that I asked the question when I bought my ute and they said any mods will void it..
Holden are a bit unclear being different dealers say different things..

Any one had any issues with Holden?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
There will be FA difference between a MAF tune and a MAFless one with moderate mods on a VE - big mods, then yeah, MAFless is worth it but with just bolt ons then it's really not an issue.

Modifications won't void the ENTIRE warranty regardless of what it is - if you fit aftermarket springs, then, obviously the part of the warranty covering the the suspension will be suspect, but engine, driveline etc will be intact - and so on. But you also need to consider that a number of aftermarket manufacturers and installers will have a warranty on their parts and labour - so where you lose the holden warranty, you gain an aftermarket one. The big exception to that is with tuning. That's more of a grey area - but if you go with a GOOD tuner, then the risk is minimal.

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
Anyone know how much power the Series II auto's make at the wheels stock?

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Wouldn't e much different to the series 1 would it?? If not it's around the 210 mark I think

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
ok cool, i thought that i read somewhere that the series II had a different engine to series I & make 10-15kw less on the auto's