Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock SSV Tune / power delivery

Phillshz

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Wouldn't e much different to the series 1 would it?? If not it's around the 210 mark I think

I stumbled across a vid on youtube the other night from GM performance or the like?? Stock VE II SS AFM/Auto 210rwkw on the dot. VZ stock 6L will do 205rwkw,as for 250rwkw with a CAI and tune only,it might be possible,have seen plenty a VZ 6l OTR and tune mentioned and are around 230-235-240 rwkw

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
250rwkw with a cai and a tune is an exaggeration and not realistic.

If he can back that up at the 1/4 mile with a high 12 and a 109+ mph. Then id say its realistic.

People can brag about their dyno charts all they want but the ET and MPH don't lie. :boxing:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
How much difference between an auto, and manual at the wheels in similar tune?
I hear the autos come up short on the manuals.

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
Im also looking at intake and tune with everything else stock.
If the afm is retained has anyone got any info ?

talljoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I did a tune and walkinshaw cold air intake to my SS manual VE series 2 ute (stock exhaust)

Before: 207rwkw
After: 235rwkw

$1500 and Walkinshaw now cover the driveline warranty, but it says in the fine print I can only run it on 98 fuel (which I do anyway).

It's not a massive difference in power. I would consider trying KPM or somebody who offers an OTR with a cover of your factory warranty if I was to do it again, since now if I want to cam it I'll need an OTR.

Overall it was an OK upgrade, good bang for buck, but I was honestly hoping for a little more power - 10% more isnt really noticable. It may be different for an auto though if they're reprogramming the gears.

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
Ok, well ive taken the first step & grabbed an OTR from the guys at KPM this arvo...... Was kind of impulsive thing because i was in the area getting some ski gear for the misses, but i must say Im happy with the purchase.
Looks good quality wise & although there is a bit of messing around tilting the radiator to fit, i think its the better option over the ones that just get air from above the rad (like the Orssom ones etc).
Now should i disconnect the battery for a few mins to reset the ecu after installing the OTR?
In the next couple of weeks i'll be heading down to either KPM or Enhanced Auto to get a MAF tune done, just gotta decide who to go with & book a time.