Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock SSV Tune / power delivery

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
If you want to keep it mostly stock.

Tune, Disable V8 Mode, Diff Back Exhaust(big mufflers). The bigger the box the less drone. Sound Deaden Boot Floor.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
Just got my car tuned at Enhanced Automotive with my KPM OTR fitted.
Went from 189rwkw to 210rwkw, which seems a little down from what other have gotten. But i havent driven the car yet, just gotta wait till the misses gets home in it.

MAF or MAFLESS?

How much for the OTR mate?

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
maf tune, OTR cost $600 with in-fill panel to cover where standard airbox was.
The tuner told the misses he didnt adjust the throttle much because we had child seats in the back, what do you reckon he meant by that?
Ive gotta take the car back anyways because he didnt disable the afm like i asked, so ill ask him about the throttle adjustment then, but would be nice to know what he was on about before i get there.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i got mine done 2 weeks ago by G-Force Performance in Gateshead. I have a pod type CAI and Hurricane extractors and 2 1/2" system. The tune was a MAF tune and he squeezed an extra 40 rwhp out of it.... it's not the amount of power so much as the way it now drives and accelerates!! it's an amazing difference! He disabled the gear change torque management or what ever it is that drops power in the engine during gear changes so now it actually launches when it changes gears under acceleration either in auto or in tiptronic. Plus the rev limiter has been changed from 6,200rpm to 6,800 rpm because he said it was still making power when it reached the rev limiter. Plus he said that in the VE when you mash the loud pedal, the throttle only opens to about 75% and slowly works it's way to full throttle..... now if i mash the go pedal, it goes to 100% straight away.
After it was tuned, i drove to Bowral and back along the Putty Road with a trailer on for a total trip of about 800km and got 11.3/100 out of it!
Highly recommend G-Force. Great job! :)

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
If i want to gain a crap load more, a mild cam would be the go..... and a lower diff centre. That may well be on cards, depends on whether or not i decide to buy a GTS or not.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Nice work! Sounds like they are up to the task over at G-Force

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Nice work! Sounds like they are up to the task over at G-Force

Yeah Glenn is a great bloke who knows his stuff... been in business there for 18 years

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
Ok, being left a little underwhelmed by my otr & tune results, I'm thinking about exhaust mods now.
Having an auto wagon I'm looking at the kpm 2.5 system, but are struggling with the 4.5k fitted price.
Are there any better value for money header & cats that will bolt up 2 the kpm cat back?
My father inlaw is a mechanic with a hoist, so I'd like 2 install ourselves if it wouldn't b 2 hard.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
I have a 2.5" lukey cat back in stainless, it was $1600 fitted (pacemaker mufflers in this system sound great with no drone at all.

I can get pacemaker extractors for $620 off bestmufflers.com and 200 cel pacy cats for $210 ea so that's approx $3000 for full system fitted)..

I have the cat back on and will be getting the rest soon..

No way I'd be paying a extra $1500 for KPM which is only marginally better.. But that's my opinion (not starting a argument)

Brad

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
i got mine done 2 weeks ago by G-Force Performance in Gateshead. I have a pod type CAI and Hurricane extractors and 2 1/2" system. The tune was a MAF tune and he squeezed an extra 40 rwhp out of it.... it's not the amount of power so much as the way it now drives and accelerates!! it's an amazing difference! He disabled the gear change torque management or what ever it is that drops power in the engine during gear changes so now it actually launches when it changes gears under acceleration either in auto or in tiptronic. Plus the rev limiter has been changed from 6,200rpm to 6,800 rpm because he said it was still making power when it reached the rev limiter. Plus he said that in the VE when you mash the loud pedal, the throttle only opens to about 75% and slowly works it's way to full throttle..... now if i mash the go pedal, it goes to 100% straight away.
After it was tuned, i drove to Bowral and back along the Putty Road with a trailer on for a total trip of about 800km and got 11.3/100 out of it!
Highly recommend G-Force. Great job! :)

Why would you disable torque management on the auto? I looked into this but most people told me not to as it will put to much stress on the autobox ... Basically give it a couple of months before issues start coming up .