Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock SSV Tune / power delivery

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
Im in SA mate, a video would be awesome.

where are you located mate? I can do a video of mine inside the car if you want to have a listen. ill use the radio volume as a comparison to how loud the exhaust is haha

i made 254rwkw with the same mods.. full exhaust otr and tune. but my tuner said is hould make 265-270 and the fuel i'm using is **** so it's going back to get retuned after ive put bpultimate98 through it a few times

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
worked out to around 21rwkw from OTR & tune.
Brad did say i should get 250rwkw ish if i did the full exhaust.
I can feel the difference from 3k to redline, definitely feels like 10% more power now its tuned.
I was a little surprised with the output figure as most claim around 230rwkw with my mods, but then again most say they pull 210 stock & i got 190. Maybe its just different dyno's being happier than others.
Im still a little uncertain about doing the exhaust as i really dont want this car to be very loud. Brad suggested changing to a 3.7 diff if i want more go & still look & sound stock

i was told that stock the VE SS gets around 270rwhp. Mine with a pod CAI and Hurricane extractors and 2 1/2" system with 200 cell cats got 290rwhp. After the tune it was almost 330rwhp or about 246rwkw.

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Stock VE SS Series 2 is about 220 rwkw, I'm told by a number of sources ( Oztrack for one). Series 1 was a bit less. The engine was slightly tweaked.

Adding a good tune and OTR will take the s2 to about 250rwkw.

I get confused by HP figures.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
1hp = .75kw if i convert the other way, it says 1kw = 1.34hp

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
hmmm 220rwkw standard, mine isnt even at there now.....maybe this dyno is a little low on output readings.

Ive just re read my posts about the tune & i just want to reiterate that I'm completely happy with the service i got from Enhanced & were not having a dig at Brad's work.. Just incase it read that way bcos its easy to read things into written word on the internet.
I was just expecting more power, but ive also never had a car thats so heavy so when i think about 200+rwkw i expect a little more up & go

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Yeh gt35, it feels like a boat too ;). So big eh I'm hoping to improve handling, maybe then it'd feel faster somehow!

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
yeah nothing like my AU ute though, thank god...
you do always feel like you're going faster when you corner, so you might be onto something there.

Oh & how much does fuel octane affect power output when tuning? I just found out this morning that the misses has been using the blue pump at shell (95) as she though it was their premium & hence got tuned with that in the tank.

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi all,
Ive recently purchased a ssv sportwagon & have a some questions about the stock power delivery.
Are the stock computer settings detuned much in the way of how much power is delivered @ certain rpms or around trans shift points?
Also do you get a run-in style of tune before you take your car back for its free 3k check-up?
Is the ecu a self learn style, which if you've been babying it around & then give it a hit it takes a few times for it to perform at its best?
Finally, do you notice much difference when using lower octane ratings (i.e ecu detects low octane & detunes to suit).

Regards
Greg

I have had my 6ltr since brand new and have just clocked 60k and have always put calyx vortex 98 inand I am getting 11.6. Out of it and it's a daily driver

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
I have had my 6ltr since brand new and have just clocked 60k and have always put calyx vortex 98 inand I am getting 11.6. Out of it and it's a daily driver
That's pretty good, that's what I'd get if I sit on 110 in 6th gear for a long time, don't think I can get it below that...
Around town mines normally around 17.5-20L/100 (with no weight)..