Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stock SSV Tune / power delivery

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
around town I can get 12-13 if take it easy, goes up to 15-16 if i try to get up to to speed quickly all the time.
Im not sure about highway driving because I'm always towing my boat when i go long distances so i dont pay much attention to economy.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I never got below 14L / 100km when tuned. That was 50/50 city/highway to and from work everyday. Now with cam, it sits - suprisingly - at 16.5 doing the exact same trip on the same road.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Before the tune on the highway i got about 9/100 with the cruise set to about 110 with 4 adults in it. 2 weeks away on the gold coast, more than 2,000 K's and came home averaging 11.9 driving around surfers paradise most days. Pretty damn good!

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
Pretty funny people comparing fuel when it comes out the same refinery in Singapore

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
disclaimer.. ***not starting a fuel argument***

My car runs horribly on regular fuel - actually, it runs pretty nasty on anything other than BP ultimate. Doesn't like starting on shell - Mobil and Caltex Vortex 98 (or whatever it's called) are ok at a pinch. I think it's had 2 tanks of regular through it ever (no other option at the time) and I couldn't get rid of the crap quick enough.

Agree 100% on that. I never use anything but Ultimate in mine and it runs ever so smoothly. My mechanic told me that Ultimate is made by Shell but BP put their own additives in it to give it the level of perfromance they claim it delivers. He aslo told me that on dyno runs Ultimate gave the best perfroamce out of all other fuels. Although what that perfromance is I don't know. Probaly RPM response or something like that.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
I can safely say I cannot tell the difference between 91 and 98, not sure how you tell when the difference is minimal..

Could not tell with my 2010 redline ute, I now have a 2011 redline wagon n still can't tell. Only slight better consumption on 98.. But that's both with only a catback..

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i notice a big difference in the SS when you put lower octane fuel in it. Although they say to put 98 in it. My wife once thought she would be smart and save some money and put 91 E10 in it.... it went from a weekly average of about 12/100 up to nearly 14/100 and it felt sluggish. Haven't put anything but Caltex Vortex in it since.

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
when my tune was done, the torque management & auto shift pressure want touched.
I want these done now as most tuners do it in there tunes, should I be able 2 go back & get it done at no cost?